Customer Service Advisor
14th November 2022
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within the Helpdesk Team at MCS for a Customer Service Advisor.
MCS certifies low-carbon products and installations used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources, including solar panels and heat pumps.
Small-scale renewable energy – what MCS calls ‘home-grown energy’ – is increasingly affordable and gives people the opportunity to heat or power their home themselves, reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
Something that’s ‘home-grown’ is also something you can take pride in. By encouraging people to invest in renewable energy technology, we aim to make a real contribution to the global fight against climate change and help the UK meet its recent commitment to achieving zero carbon emissions by 2050 – while creating new green jobs in the process.
The MCS Helpdesk team provides a vital support and advice service to our stakeholders including MCS certified contractors, manufacturers and homeowners among others. You’ll be at the heart of delivering a first-class customer service experience.
This role is centred on providing an enhanced customer journey by building relationships and problem solving as you handle inbound and outbound calls and emails in a positive, proactive and friendly manner. We are ambitious for our future, driven to innovate and stand out. This role will contribute to the ongoing successful delivery of this.
This role is fast-paced, demanding, diverse and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks as you support the wider MCS team. As a confident communicator, you will naturally develop and maintain relationships with key customers.
The Helpdesk is a small, close-knit and friendly team. You will all work closely together and support each other. We are proud of the investment that we make in our people whether that’s training, qualifications or other CPD, social events, Lunch & Learn sessions or a monthly team breakfast. Though desirable, you don’t need a technical understanding of renewable technology as full, comprehensive training will be provided.
What we offer:
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum – increasing to 28 days with 3 years’ service, and to 30 days with 5 years’ service (Pro-rata)
- 8% company pension contribution
- Access to and support with continuous professional development
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes, such as Cycle2Work
- Payment of a professional subscription
- Access to a mental health first aider and counselling support
- Provision of free fruit, tea and coffee, soft drinks and breads and spreads in the office
- An innovative office environment that encourages collaboration
- Attractive HR policies including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, and emergency paid leave
Main role and responsibilities:
- Receiving inbound and making outbound telephone calls to/from Consumers, MCS certified Contractors, and other customers.
- Independent management of your cases in a timely manner.
- Managing inbound and outbound email enquiries, ensuring responses and case closure within set service level agreements (SLAs).
- Amending and providing copies of MCS certificates.
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the MCS scheme and technologies to allow you to complete your duties.
- Staying up-to-date with MCS Scheme and Standards developments
- Providing friendly and reliable expert advice to the MCS Contractor community and stakeholders on industry changes and updates to MCS processes.
- Support other MCS team members when required.
- Contribute during regular team meetings.
- To become aligned to the MCS brand and ensuring that communications are ‘on message’ adopting the right tone for audiences.
- Understand business processes and recommend improvements.
- Commit to own personal development.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 pages, outlining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Friday 2nd December 2022. We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview in person at the MCS office week commencing Monday 12th December 2022.