Digital Content Marketing Apprentice
10th March 2023
Role: Digital Content Marketing Apprentice
Location: Sci-Tech Daresbury with a flexible policy to support home working
Contract: Full-time (4 days working with MCS, 1 day towards your apprenticeship)
This is an exciting time to join MCS: in 2022, we reported exceptional growth and we now must continue to ensure we are at the heart of the UK’s drive to meet net-zero carbon by 2050.
Are you a self-motivated, creative individual looking to spark your career in the digital industry? MCS is looking for a Digital Content Marketing Apprentice to join their team at Sci-Tech Daresbury, near Warrington. You will be part of the growing communications team at MCS, working alongside the Communications Manager and Digital Communications Executive to create powerful, rich content for all the company’s digital channels.
As a Digital Content Marketing Apprentice, you will plan, develop, create, and evaluate business content.
Main role and responsibilities
- Help to manage digital channels, with day-to-day reporting and explanation of requirements for analysis, specification, and design of projects, on a technical and non-technical basis
- Deliver strong, innovative, and creative digital communications through research; writing, editing, and proofreading; distributing across multiple channels.
- Plan, develop and deliver digital communications plans and campaigns for selected target audiences to support core projects and objectives.
- Develop and update the MCS website using WordPress, ensuring that content is relevant, up-to-date, fully optimised and engaging.
- Oversee the MCS social media communities using scheduling tools, including producing dynamic content, liaising with the communications team and company to issue key updates, and assisting with installer/consumers queries.
- Implement and support content marketing strategies including social media, website, blog, and more
- Plan, brief and help to manage production of rich content, e.g. photography or videography for digital channels
- Communicate with the wider communications team to help plan digital projects
- Help to analyse the performance of the full suite of digital channels, using analytics tools
- Collate and address feedback on digital channels from team members, contractors, and other key stakeholders
- Assist with the promotion of external events, including our calendar of industry webinars, trade shows and company away days, using digital platforms e.g. live social media coverage
- Embody the MCS brand and ensure that all brand guidelines are always followed. You will ensure that all MCS communications are ‘on messages’ and adopt the right tone for different audiences.
MCS certifies contractors, low-carbon products, and installations used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources, including solar panels and heat pumps.
Small-scale renewable energy – what MCS calls ‘home-grown energy’ – is increasingly affordable and gives people the opportunity to heat or power their home themselves, reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
Something that’s ‘home-grown’ is also something you can take pride in. By encouraging people to invest in renewable energy technology, we aim to make a real contribution to the global fight against climate change and help the UK meet its recent commitment to achieving zero carbon emissions by 2050 – while creating new green jobs in the process.
MCS experienced its most successful year to date in 2022, with record numbers of certified solar PV and heat pump installations. We are building on that strong foundation in 2023 and beyond.
As an MCS employee, you will have the ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our company values. These are embedded in all roles across the business, and you should evidence these values as part of the application process:
Our communications team
The six-strong and growing communications team is group of dynamic and creative professionals comprising Operations and Communications Director, Communications Manager, Communications Officer, Events Coordinator, Digital Communications Executive and Communications Assistant.
We support everyone across our business with producing creating vibrant content that positively engages with our stakeholders, including installers, manufacturers, consumers, and policymakers.
At MCS we care about our employees, as reflected by our attractive set of employee policies which includes enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies, enhanced sick leave and flexible working to name a few. We always support our team with their personal growth whether this be through funding training and qualifications, Lunch & Learn sessions, coaching, etc.
- Communication skills
- IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Team player
- A keen interest in digital marketing, social media, and content production
- Creatively minded
- Well organised
- Commitment to personal development
- A-C (4-9) English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent
- A passion for social media and digital content!
Training to be provided
The Juice Academy is a digital marketing Academy based in Castlefield, Manchester. They train up to 80 apprentices a year, whilst the apprentices work with businesses around the North West (and sometimes further afield!). The training is delivered by industry professionals from their sister company, Tangerine Communications. The Juice Academy training sessions are a hybrid of face-to-face learning within the academy in Castlefield, and online delivery via Zoom. Apprentices will also receive the on the job training in the workplace. The final three months of the course will be the ‘assessment period’ during which apprentices are expected to produce a portfolio of work and complete a series of assessments. Full digital marketing training to be provided on-the-job and off-the-job. The Juice Academy partner with Apprentify, who support apprentices in the workplace through development coaching.
The qualification will include:
• Level 3 Content Creator
Things to consider
You will apply on The Juice Academy website, filling in the written application form to the best of your ability, paying attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Successful candidates will be invited to an online assessment session where you will complete several tasks. If you are successful, you will then be invited to an Interview that will take place w/c 3rd April 2023. Please mark clearly on your application if you will be unavailable to attend any day during this week and we will consider you for future selection days.
Note: The Juice Academy will recruit a number of apprentices to start in April and while you’re applying for a position with this employer your application may be sent to other employers if it’s unsuccessful with this employer.
*Please note: For the first year, you will be paid a salary of £19,000. Thereafter, your pay will be reviewed. All salaries are set at the employers’ discretion; however, this will be the minimum you will receive.
Digital Marketing is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the UK, so prospects upon completion are very promising with industry experience and a qualification under your belt. Job titles include, but are not limited to:
- Junior Content Producer
- Social Media Executive
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Content Executive
Work perks and benefits.
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum – increasing to 28 days with 3 years’ service, and to 30 days with 5 years’ service
- Flexibility to support some home working
- 8% company pension contribution
- Access to and support with continuous professional development
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes, such as Cycle2Work
- Fully expensed Christmas party
- Payment of one professional subscription
- Access to a mental health first aider and counselling support
- Provision of free fruit, tea and coffee, soft drinks and breads and spreads in the office
- An innovative, brand-new office environment that encourages collaboration
- Attractive HR policies including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, and emergency paid leave
To apply, please visit the Juice Academy here to submit an application by 24 March 2023.