Outbound Calling Executive
27th April 2023
Role: Outbound Calling Executive
Reports to: Helpdesk Team Lead
Location: Sci-Tech Daresbury, Warrington WA4 4AB with some home working following induction
Contract: Fixed term 5 years, full-time.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week working flexibly between 8.00am – 8.00pm in line with call demand.
Closing date: Monday 15 May 2023
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen at MCS for an Outbound Calling Executive. You will primarily be working to support our contact campaign for the Boiler Upgrade Scheme, responsible for making and receiving telephone calls, sending emails, updating records and reporting on contact outcomes. You will be making calls to consumers who have had an MCS certified renewable installation completed under the Boiler Upgrade Scheme. In time, we anticipate growth in this function, with the remit for outbound calling growing to support the strategic aims of the Scheme.
We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic, confident individual to deal with consumers that have had an MCS certified installation. The role will require you to speak to customers on a daily basis by making outbound calls and proactively sending and monitoring emails. You’ll need to be a highly motivated, self starter who can work well independently, and use initiative to solve problems. As a confident communicator you will be providing a first-class customer service experience. You will be expected to undertake a set amount of calls each hour and should be comfortable updating records whilst speaking to consumers on the phone. We will ask you to compile information and record details and outcomes of contact with consumers. You should be able to multi-task, with accurate keyboard skills and have a good attention to detail. Full training will be provided at induction.
Main role and responsibilities
- Handling predominantly outbound calls. Confident on the telephone with a professional telephone manner.
- Working across and updating several different systems including the MCS Installation Database, our CRM system, Microsoft Outlook email and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Independent management of your cases in a timely manner and in line with KPIs.
- Providing case progress updates to the Helpdesk Team Lead.
- Reporting contact outcomes on a regular basis.
- Confident in collating and presenting reports to showcase progress, outcomes and challenges.
- Gathering case information and preparing documents.
- Representing our company in a professional manner.
- Building rapport with customers and colleagues by using proven customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with challenging customers and hold difficult conversations.
MCS certifies contractors, low-carbon products, and installations used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources, including solar panels and heat pumps.
Small-scale renewable energy – what MCS calls ‘home-grown energy’ – is increasingly affordable and gives people the opportunity to heat or power their home themselves, reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
Something that’s ‘home-grown’ is also something you can take pride in. By encouraging people to invest in renewable energy technology, we aim to make a real contribution to the global fight against climate change and help the UK meet its recent commitment to achieving zero carbon emissions by 2050 – while creating new green jobs in the process.
As an MCS employee, you will have the ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our company values. These are embedded in all roles across the business, and you should evidence these values as part of the application process:
About the Boiler Upgrade Scheme
The government has launched the Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) to support the decarbonisation of heat in buildings. This new, flat, upfront grant allows installers on behalf of their consumers, to apply for a one-off payment towards the cost of an air-source heat pump (ASHP), biomass or a ground-source heat pump (GSHP) installation. MCS has agreed to support the delivery of BUS on behalf of Ofgem – the scheme administrator. MCS will be contacting consumers who have had an installation completed under the BUS to undertake some checks. What MCS offer our team:
Benefits working for MCS
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum – increasing to 28 days with three years’ service, and to 30 days with five years’ service
- Flexibility to support some home working following completion of induction
- 8% company pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare cash plan with level 4 cover
- Access to and support with continuous professional development
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes, such as Cycle2Work
- Fully expensed Christmas party
- Payment of one professional subscription per year
- Access to a mental health first aider and counselling support
- Provision of free fruit, tea and coffee, soft drinks and breads and spreads in the office
- An innovative office environment that encourages collaboration
- Attractive HR policies including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, sick leave, and emergency paid leave
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter telling us how you meet the person specification and why you’d like the opportunity to work for MCS?. Deadline for applications is Monday 15 May 2023. Email to email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be invited to a face-to-face interview at the MCS office, Sci-Tech, Daresbury.