Updates to IET Code of Practice for Grid-connected Solar PV Systems
9th June 2022
The Institution of Engineering and Technology has published its draft Code of Practice for Grid-connected Solar Photovoltaic Systems, 2nd Edition.
During the consultation period, you can submit comments on the draft before its final publication. We recommend that contractors submit comments before the consultation closes.
The Code of Practice is aimed at ensuring safe, effective, and competently installed solar PV systems.
This Edition includes revisions to the IET Wiring Regulations and provides information required to comply with standards. Coverage includes:
- All parts of a grid-connected solar PV system up to and including the connection to the AC mains.
- LV and HV connections and components.
- All scales of application, from small domestic systems to large scale PV farms.
- Building-mounted, building-integrated, and ground-mounted systems.
- Grid-connected systems with battery storage.
The Code is primarily intended for use by solar PV system designers, installers, developers, and operators responsible for the safe and effective planning, installation, and operation of solar PV systems. It will also be invaluable to architects, construction firms, facility and estate managers, and for anyone investing in or overseeing solar PV systems deployment.
We encourage all our solar installers to submit comments on the draft before the consultation closes.
Subsequently, our Solar PV Working Group will be considering the changes made before adopting the updates to Code of Practice into MIS 3002.
The deadline for comments is Monday 27 June 2022.