Consultation: Updates to The Small Wind Turbine Standards
11 February 2022
MCS has today published a four-week consultation on updates to The Small Wind Turbine Standards – Product and Installation.
The first consultation welcomes feedback on the update to MCS 006, Issue 3.0 Product Standard, comprising:
- Modernised document style and updated to new MCS standard text.
- Incorporation of RenewableUK Small Wind Turbine Standard (2014).
- Incorporation of RenewableUK Small Technical Note: Guidance regarding inverter changes in Small Wind Turbine Systems 16th January 2013.
We also seek feedback on the update to MIS 3003, Issue 4.0 Installation Standard, which addresses:
- Modernised document style and updated to new MCS Standard text.
- Updated publications and references.
- New maintenance schedule.
- Incorporation of document: Energy Efficiency Best Practice in Housing- Installing Small Wind Powered Electricity Generating Systems-Guidance for Installers and Specifiers. CE72 document reference which Energy Saving Trust agreed they have no plans to maintain.
Both updates are part of the MCS Standards project review.
MCS would now like to invite comments from stakeholders on both proposed updates, which can be accessed via the links below.
The deadline for submitting comments for both consultations is 5pm, Friday 11 March 2022.
Please send consultation responses to firstname.lastname@example.org using the forms provided below:
MIS 3003 The Small Wind Turbines Installation Standard
MIS 006 The Small Wind Turbines Product Standard